Professional Development for Secondary School
Secondary /senior school teachers are subject to an ever increasing pressure relating to their individual broad range of knowledge and topic skills.
The main aim of this one-day course is to further instil and enhance a confidence in the teachers ability to professionally deliver the classroom knowledge concerning ‘all things astronomical’…
Typical formal structure:
- Course commences at 10:30 a.m
- Night Sky Tutorial. This centres around a Tour of the Night Sky in our housed Planetarium – always a favourite – a genuine visual treat…
- Full lunch in our large dining hall
- Star charts and level relevant worksheet summaries
- Slide show lecture: “The Grand Tour of the Universe“
- Course formally closes at 2:30 p.m – there will always be opportunity for candidates to stay behind and further discuss any issues with Nick…
Alongside and throughout the formal course structure there is an important opportunity for the attendee to ask as many questions as they wish… experience suggests that this is a vital and much used function of the day course … This is YOUR chance to ask ANY questions about Space; about the Universe; about all curriculum (or non-curriculum!) related topics. This is YOUR day, and as such it’s important that any candidate gets the most from their time at the centre.
Fee per candidate: £180, including lunch.
Next course date: TBC. In the meantime, any questions / queries, please do contact Nick: